Thursday, March 11, 2010

Ukraine Trip


Peirce is leaving on another trip to the Ukraine in the morning. We will be leaving at 4 am, so I really need to get to bed, but I wanted to post his schedule so that more people can be praying for this trip. It has been exciting to see where Peirce's heart is with this trip. After being there last year, his heart and desire to see people changed is awesome. Part of me is wishing that I could go with as I know that he will be seeing people that I got to meet last summer. Part of our group is already on their way, part of our group had a delay and is staying overnight in Minneapolis (they will meet with Peirce's group in NYC and continue on to Odessa), and the group Peirce is going with will be leaving tomorrow because of a concert tonight. Each group does have an adult with them. Please keep them in your prayers this week. The goal of the week is to bring in people and build relationships with them in Christ. Please pray for the language barrier as well as boldness to share what God has for them to share.

Friday, March 12, Leave home in Clear Lake, IA at 4 AM for 9 AM flight from Minneapolis to Odessa, Ukraine. We are high school age (7 guys, 7 girls) with 4 adult sponsors. Total travel time is around 24 hours.

Saturday, March 13 - Meet with team of 8 missionaries for orientation to English Club and Basketball/Craft Camp

Sunday, March 14 - Worship with missionaries and their church then have a picnic at the Black Sea

Monday-Friday, March 15-19 -English Club at University (this is my focus); Basketball/Craft Camp at Public School; evening events differ

Saturday, March 20-my 16th birthday! Sightseeing & events with missionaries.

Sunday, March 21-Worship time & travel home. Arrive in Minneapolis about Midnight. Home by 3 AM, back to school at 8 AM.

Please pray for me and the team as we share God with possibly several hundred kids. Last year was my first trip and people were patient with me. I need to pass that on to others. Thanks for caring.

Peirce Jordan

No comments: