Saturday, August 30, 2008

School Pictures

Ten days done with school. No I am not counting down until the end of school. I'm just sort of getting through the shock of the last two weeks. For those of you who send your children off to school at the age of five, it so weird to do it for the first time at 14 and almost 13. I do have a picture, but that camera does not download to this computer, so it will wait. The boys leave at 7:45 (walking as we are two blocks away) and don't get home until 5. This week starts cross country meets. We have two weeks until Mitchell has a game.
Kirsten and I are doing fine at home. This week seemed to zoom past with a lot going on the whole week. On Tuesday evening we went out on the lake with friends.


It was a cool evening and very enjoyable. Wednesday was a benefit concert for friends in the church who are getting a Habitat house. The church choir sang and many different groups performed. It was a lot of fun, but it went until almost 10. Thursday was a meeting for Women's ministries at the church. There is currently nothing going, so Dan and I had a meeting with women who are interested in seeing something happen. I then had to go to worship practice, so another late night. Tonight Dan and I were at a dinner party. Tomorrow looks like fun. We have one service with a picnic after it. I don't have to be at church until 10 am. I usually have to be there at 7:30 when I am playing, so this is sort of fun. We don't have Sunday School for the next two weeks as next week we have church in the park downtown.
Last night while the boys were at the High School football game, Kirsten and I went out to get her school pictures as the boys will get theirs taken this week. (Hers are so much more fun.) The background is the lake at twilight.---How beautiful.

No comments: