Tuesday, February 17, 2009

We've been fighting influenza in this house, so I haven't been on the computer as much.  I have been on facebook to keep up with some family members.  If you are on facebook and have not found me, I am on.  I am not totally faithful to it, but I have found many people that I have lost touch with.

Mitchell is sick today.  Looks as if he will be home from school tomorrow also.  He sounds terrible, is running a fever, and looks as if he could stay in bed for a week.  I had the same thing last week; Peirce had it the week before that, so we can understand.  The only difference is that Mitchell hates to lie down.  I hated getting up and didn't for a few days when I had it.

Spring actually looks like it is coming.  We still have some snow on the ground.  We have only gotten above freezing a few days, but after being below zero for so long, even 20 feels wonderful.  Today is 44 and feels like 50.  Dan actually rode his bike last week.  I am looking forward to getting mine out, but I will wait until it gets closer to 60.  I am a bit of a wimp.  I will just have to keep exercising in our basement.  Wii Fit is a lot of fun though.

This weekend is the annual kite festival here in Clear Lake.  I will be sure to get some pictures as I am excited about it.  These kites are huge.  We missed last year by a few weeks.  We are getting close to ending our first year here.  It has been a long winter, but the sun shone even when it was bitterly cold.  I'm glad.  I don't know if I could have handled it if it had been gloomy on top of below zero for so long.  We are looking forward to summer bike rides, walks to town, and the pool.  We already have our summer membership.

No comments: