Thursday, February 5, 2009

My privileges--My Choice

God has been working on my heart today especially about all of the things on my daily "to do" lists that I mumble about.  I many times get my martyr complex going.  We were reading this morning before the guys left for school in Daily in Christ.  I didn't take it quite the way that Neil Anderson was talking, but God really convicted me.  He was talking about how we perceive ourselves.  Many times we live a defeated Christian life because we fail to recognize the fact that we are more than conquerers.  If we do not perceive ourselves as children of God, we will not live as victorious children of God.

I changed the idea a little, but as I said, God really convicted me.  I've been in the mode lately to just "get it done."  It seems as if there are so many daily household activities that become monotonous, but I am choosing to look at it differently.  I am choosing now to look at it as a privilege.  I am privileged to be able to stay at home with my daughter during the day.  I am privileged to take care of my family and provide them with clean clothes and good food.  I will thank God that I have the ability and opportunity to do the many things that seem tedious.  I am so blessed.  Satan loves to get our minds on the dirty laundry instead of the fact that we have clothes in abundance and a working washer and dryer---on my second floor.

Now that I have said that, I do need to take care of the piles of ironing that do need to get done, but I have to admit that I am going to do it in a much better frame of mind.---It actually is much more enjoyable when I decide to do it with a good spirit.

No comments: