Monday, June 23, 2008

Clear Lake




This is Clear Lake. It is a beautiful lake. It is not the clearest. We have yet to swim in it, but it is so pretty to walk down to it. I'll have to get some pictures of the downtown that is leading down to the lake. We live one mile from this spot.




What you may or may not know, is the special little blessing that this lake is to us. Dan and I love to go to the lake. We many times while we lived in South Bend would travel to Lake Michigan to watch the sunset, or we loved to go out to my aunt and uncle's home on Eagle Lake. Iowa does not have many lakes, but God blessed us by putting us on one of them. It brings new meaning to Psalm 37:4--Delight yourself also in the Lord, and He shall give you the desires of your heart.---Not that Dan and I are perfect and always do what we are supposed to do, but we truly sought after God in this move, and he gave us beyond what we could ask or think. It does make me question how many times I miss things that would have been such a blessing if I would have not gone in my own path.

I don't have to drive by the lake in order to go to to many places, but I chose to drive by it a few times a week, in order to remind myself of God's blessing, and the beauty of His creation.

Enjoy your day, and look for God's special blessings that He has for you!

No comments: