Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Trading kids

Our summer is in full swing. Last Saturday Dan, Peirce, and I made the trip to Galesburg, IL to meet my cousin Rob and his wife Jen to take their son Nathan for the week. On Sunday, we dropped Kirsten and Mitchell off at camp. We haven't heard anything from them, which at least means they aren't so homesick that they need to come home.
We have not planned huge things while Nathan has been here. Mostly the boys have been enjoying the video games, playing games, swimming, and my favorite, pulling the little maple trees that have come up in my flower garden voluntarily. This has only taken a little bit of time. I figure that I would give them a project to work on. Now maybe I should get them to weed my vegetable garden that is getting unsightly.
Nathan has enjoyed the freedom that a small town has to offer. He lives near Indy, so it is a lot different here. It has been fun to see his reaction to everything being so close.
It is amazing that in a few days we will be into July. Where does it go?

No comments: