Tuesday, September 30, 2008

A Day at Camp

I am so far behind getting on the blog, but I have some fun things to share, so I'll try to catch you up on the last week and a half over the next few days. Last week my mom was here from Sunday until Thursday; Dan's sister Jane came on Thursday night and we left for WI on Friday afternoon. I have spent the last two days trying to catch up as well as see boys participate in sports.

A week ago Sunday the town was invited to go out to the Baptist Camp to spend the afternoon. Since it is not far from church, and they were providing lunch, we went out after church thinking that we'd stay an hour. We stayed the whole afternoon. There were carnival games, a hay ride, a few different type "dodge-ball"? games as well as the zip line, and rock wall. It was a gorgeous day. The camp is on the lake. 78 degrees with a slight breeze. Does it get better than that for a late September day in northern Iowa?



You can't tell, but this is me. Dan and I both did it.

We just didn't get very good pictures doing so.


This is Kirsten and her friend, Tori ready to take the "Leap of Faith".




Peirce is part monkey. It took his friend, Caitlyn over 15 minutes to make it to the top of the rock wall. It too Peirce 31/2 min. She was not very thrilled, but they had fun.

No comments: