Monday, September 15, 2008

Parsonage Party

Sunday afternoon was another parsonage party. This one we actually remembered to take pictures of. For those of you who have not heard, we are dividing up the congregation by stages of life; college, young married, parents of elementary, parents of middle school and high school, empty nesters, new or nearly retired, senior adults. If they don't have children or are not married, they have just fit themselves in one time or another. We have had many people in. I make sloppy joes and lemonade, and they provide the rest. The last few have stretched our house a bit. Last evening was a little chilly, so we even had our basement ready to take people if needed. A few of the men used the porch for quite a while. I believe that we had around 40 there. I move furniture around and put up a few tables in order to make room for everyone. It has been a great way for us to get to know each other. What a blast we have had. One of the single ladies from church has come to a few to help me. She takes care of dishes and getting some of the things out while I get to talk to people.---How hard that is for me!!!!:)




No comments: