Saturday, April 18, 2009

Fun signs of Spring at the Jordan house




Spring was here this week.  I don't think that it will be here next week, but I have enjoyed it greatly.  It is raining right now and gotten cooler, but we did need the rain, so I will be thankful for it and the sun that preceded it.  I had a wonderful blessing brought to my house this week.  You may wonder what ugly plant I am taking a picture of.  One of the men in the church knew that I LOVE red raspberries.  I really, really, really love them. Well, Les brought me over 12 volunteer plants that had come from his plants at home.  What a sweet blessing!  Did I mention that I LOVE red raspberries.  My family will attest to this.  When we lived in South Bend, I was able to go to our cousins in Coloma, MI  and get some from their fruit farm.  Even when we lived in PA my aunt used to freeze some for me so that when we were home I could have some.  I think with 12 plants, I may even get some into the house to make a pie with.  Dan may even get some.  My dear, sweet husband does not usually eat them as he knows I love them.  I call them gold as they are so expensive and precious.  I know, I just wrote a whole paragraph about raspberries, but it was a sweet blessing for me.


Another sign of spring----I hung my sheets out to dry.  I don't have a whole lot of line out, but there is enough to hang our sheets---one set at a time.  I love that smell of line dried sheets!

2 comments:

Maren said...

Hanging the sheets out is one of my favorite things - that smell cannot be imitated! I even hung ours out this winter once - it wasn't quite as good, but it was close.

Hazel's mom said...

We're putting in a garden this spring, and I'll have to steal some raspberry starts from my folks. It's not summer without them! And blueberries and blackberries...