Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Summer continues

Does anyone else blink and miss a few days? I feel as if I am only getting four days a week right now. I know that there are seven there, but for some reason, they blend together.
On Friday, Dan and I went to Moline, IL to meet Rob and Jen again. Nathan joined up with them to head to South Bend/Edwardsburg to my aunt's house for the weekend. We went from there to pick up Kirsten and Mitchell at camp. They had a great time. There was a record number of campers last week with around 450 kids, so it was packed at the last chapel and dinner as parents came to get their kids.
Saturday was spent getting up at 4 to get Peirce to church for the youth trip to Salt Lake City. A nice new bus pulled up to get them. (They chartered one.) It made me feel great. I remembered the bus trips that I took in high school and college and the busses that we took on those. I thought that there was no chance for bus problems, but I was wrong. As they got started on Sunday morning, the bus broke down. Fortunately they were at an exit, which in Wyoming is a big deal, and they just had to wait for a replacement bus. They are now there, and hopefully Peirce is having a good time and learning a lot.
We are getting ready for the 4th here in Clear Lake. We are told that it is quite the place to be for the holiday. The carnival starts tomorrow. I will have to get some pictures to post. Seeing the downtown park taken over by carnival rides is quite a strange picture.

No comments: