Thursday, March 5, 2009

Busy kid week

I wanted to update a few things so that you can know what is going on at our house.  I've had a cold this week.  It has been one of those that takes you twice as long to get anything done, so I have not blogged.  Peirce is going to be the play "The Sound of Music" this Fri pm, Sat pm, and Sun.  (afternoon).  He has had practices every night this week until very late.  

We had parent-teacher conferences at the high school today. What a joy to hear the teachers say how kind Peirce is and how well he is doing in school.  (Makes a former homeschooling mom glad that I didn't ruin his education.)

One week from tomorrow we put Peirce on a plane to go to the Ukraine on a missions trip.  He will turn 15 while he is there.  Wow!  Due to play practices and missions trips meetings, I haven't had a whole lot of time to really think about the fact that my child will be a long way away for a week.  I am excited because I have seen God's hand on this child.  He's starting to really sense the Holy Spirit in his life, and that is so exciting to see.  

I'll keep you all updated on his trip.  I'll also post play pictures some time this weekend.

No comments: