Friday, March 27, 2009

Thank God for my blessings.

So many times I hear a story on the news about something that happens to a child.  I hug my kids closer to me and thank God that they are safe.  I am doing that again but in a much closer way.  This time the story was much closer to home.  I received word yesterday that one of my cousin's sons was killed in an accident.  For those of you that know my family, this is the "Chicago cousins".  We don't see each other often, but we have grown up together and care about each other a lot.  Beth Ann is just a few weeks younger than I, so we have always enjoyed spending time together when our families visited.  Beth Ann's 12 year old son was at their business yesterday afternoon and there was an accident.  Nathan was killed.  Please pray for the Bias and Mate families.  I look at my children and wonder how I could ever be without one of them.  So, go hug your kids and thank God that he has allowed you to hold onto them.

1 comment:

Hazel's mom said...

My heart goes out to Beth Ann's family. I can't imagine their pain. I'll pray for... I don't know what to pray for, but I'll pray.