Friday, March 13, 2009

Ukraine bound


I just put my oldest child on a van full of 11 teenagers and 4 sponsors going to Odessa, Ukraine.  I really have felt fine about the trip.  I know that Peirce knew that this is what God wanted him to do, so I have not had any anxiety about the trip.  Our youth pastor has been over to Eastern Europe 15 times on these trips, so I felt very sure that between God and Pastor Randy, Peirce was in good hands. ( I don't mean for that to sound like I am taking God's position lightly.  I would not send Peirce with someone I did not trust even though God was watching over him.)  This has been a faith growing time for me as well as for my child who hates change.  Those of you who know Peirce well know that he likes a well ordered world.  He likes to know what is coming and when.  This is one of those times as a parent when you look at your child and are proud and amazed.  It is so neat to see the "adult" changes taking place.

Please pray for this group.  They have a long flight today and a long week ahead of them.  They will be doing a basketball camp, craft time, and an English camp as well as being able to go into the public school there to share Christ.  God has truly opened doors here that have not been opened in this area before.

Yesterday, Peirce stayed home from school because he was very sick -102.6 temp.  We were worried that we might have to keep him home.  My prayer was that God would make it very clear whether or not he should stay or go.  I didn't mind sending him not feeling well if I knew that he would feel well in a day or two.  I got home from the team meeting last night that Peirce could not attend to find him feeling and looking so much better than he had when I had left him with almost a 103 temp.  God is so good.  We all had prayed for him at the meeting.  Peirce had all of his support and was looking forward to this trip, so I am so thankful that he was feeling well enough.  I sent enough drugs (nyquil, advil cold and sinus....)  with him to hopefully keep him feeling ok.

In the picture, Peirce is the second from the right in the back row.  He will also be turning 15 next Friday (the 20th).  For those of you that remember, last year we moved on his birthday.

No comments: