Monday, July 21, 2008

Visitors

Saturday Dan and Peirce went to DeMoines to the "Do the Right Thing" conference. It was put together by the Harris brothers, and from what I heard was a great time. The main thrust was to go beyond expectation; to not do just what is expected of teenagers nowdays. They hit a huge deluge on their way home, but they made it home safely with our visitors.

We fed the high school youth group from Calvary in South Bend, IN. For those of you that don't know, this was our old church, so it was a lot of fun. We had tacos and then went downtown before getting them settled at the church for the evening.

Sunday afternoon was the annual Lions Club chicken dinner. This is a huge deal in town with a few thousand attending. I think that I heard that they cooked 4500 1/2 chickens. Considering that this town has about 15000 during the summer, I thought that was pretty good. This is their only fund raiser for the year, so they make it work.

In the evening, we had another parsonage party with the 30-40 age group from church. What a great time. Well, I am going to call it a night as the kids and I are leaving in the morning for South Bend. I'll try to get some good pictures and post them.

No comments: