Thursday, July 31, 2008

Trying to catch up

We had a wonderful time in South Bend. God is so good. I was able to "by chance" attend a few things. Friday afternoon and evening we were at my aunt's house. The kids had a great time swimming with their cousins. Some of my mom's cousins were in town, so this was a nice treat. My cousin Moriah (Mary Ann to many of us) is moving tomorrow to Colorado, so it was great to be able to see them before they move. They will be about an hour from my brother, so that makes it possible to see them. I'm trying to talk everyone into Christmas in Iowa since I am in the middle, but no one seemed to be very excited about it. I can probably guarantee a white Christmas.

Saturday evening we were able to go to a Sunday School party with my former ABF at Calvary. Their kids are my kid's friends, so it was a real treat. Sunday I joined my friends in singing worship and specials.

I am glad to be back. This is home. I had a great time with my family and friends, but I missed Dan. We're getting back into the swing of things. School starts before too long, and we have to decide what we are going to do with our kids for school this year.

No comments: