Thursday, January 15, 2009

Cold Weather Day

Can't call it a snow day, but the kids are off of school.  I just looked at weatherchannel.com.  It is -20 right now but it feels like -44.  It was -27 when I got up with wind chills of -48.  What is almost funny is that in Anchorage Alaska it feels like 40 above 0.  Does that seem wrong to anyone else besides me.  I moved to Iowa not the North Pole.  The kids actually want to go out and play because we have new snow and it looks so nice out.  The sun is shining so beautifully.  If it were not for the sun, I might be going a little crazy with these temps.  My mom reminded me last night of Little House and the Prairie.  They lived north of here a few hours. I cannot imagine living without central heat in these temps.  I wanted to whine a little, but I have plenty to do today that three children home from school may be able to help with.

Back to school now.  Kirsten and I decided that we need to not take snow days as we want to get done with school earlier than the boys.  We do take it a little easier on days like this though.  We make sure that we get done with the subjects that give us more trouble and sometimes put others aside that we are ahead in.  Unfortunately, I will have to run out in a little while.  My stop will take me close to our Cabin Coffee.  I might have to stop in:)  Most of you know that I don't touch the coffee, but they have the best Chai tea.  Dan got me a gift card for Christmas too.

No comments: